The Truth About ED | Diagnose and Treatment
The erection of the penis is the symbol of power and virility. If you are unable to get or keep strong erection then it can affect your interpersonal relationship or the quality of life.
A condition where men are unable to achieve or keep an erection sufficient for a satisfactory sexual function is called erectile dysfunction (ED).
Researchers speculate that ED will be more than double in the next 25 years, conceivably it could affect more than 330 million men worldwide.
Since, generally most men with Ed neglect to seek medical treatment for different reasons, some are due to taboos, cultural restriction, and intricate way of sexuality, embarrassment consulting doctors or accepting Ed as normal aging.
Leonardo Da Vinci was the first scientist to discover that during an erection the penis fills with blood. In his analysis, he wrote that the penis does not obey the order of its master, who tries to erect or recoil it at will though rather the penis erects freely while it’s asleep.
Since the penis does not have its very own brain, it is largely controlled by the central nervous system. To erect on demand, it requires an intact psychological neural and vascular reaction.
Test To Diagnose Erection Problem( ED)
Before your doctor recommends any treatment, most likely you’ll get a physical examination, questions and answers based on your medical history.
And if your doctor suspects that underlying problem may be involved or if you have chronic health issues, you might require a further test or may need to see specialists.
Some of the tests for erectile dysfunction includes-
- Physical examination: This might incorporate a careful examination of your penis and testicles and checking your nerves for feeling.
- Blood test: Blood test is done to check for any indication of coronary disease, diabetes, low testosterone levels or any other health problem.
- Urine test: similarly, you may also get a urine test to determine and look for a sign of diabetes and other related health conditions.
- Ultrasound: This test will check if there is enough blood flow to your penis area. It includes using a transducer (a wand-like device) kept over the blood veins that supply the penis. It takes video images to see if you have blood flow problems. Sometimes, this test is done with the combination of ejection of medication into the penis to analysis the blood flow better.
- Overnight erection test: Since most men have an erection during their sleep without remembering them. This is why; this test involves wrapping a tape around the penis before a patient takes his bed. If the tape is separated in the morning, it is likely that your penis erects sometimes during the night. In this case, there is a high chance that the causes of erectile dysfunction are most likely psychological factors and not physical factors.
Treatment Of ED
Ever since the availability of Sildenafil (Viagra) in 1998, many people are relying on this medication.
There are many other medications available for treating erectile dysfunction such as vardenafil (Levitra, Staxyn), Tadalafil (Cialis) and Avanafil (Stendra).
Although these medications have received lots of positive result from many users. However, it cannot cure the erection problem in the long term.
Instead, it can only provide short-term relief. Moreover, they are expensive. This is the reason why many people are looking for a natural treatment, additionally, natural treatment provides a lot of health benefits.